Arnout Gieske specialises in advice and litigation in the area of Intellectual Property Law (IP). He has acted for clients in media matters, in trademark enforcement and in national and international patent disputes. Arnout Gieske advises on IP protection, the enforcement and exploitation of IP. Prior to entering the legal profession, Arnout was a lecturer in Civil Law and Procedural Law at the Vrije Universiteit (VU) in Amsterdam. He also worked as an in-house lawyer for the Enterprise Chamber of the Amsterdam Court of Appeal and for the Intellectual Property Chamber of the The Hague court of Appeal. In addition to his work at Van Diepen Van der Kroef, he lectures on Intellectual Property Law and Litigation issues. He is also widely published in these areas.
- Dutch lawyer
- Law – VU Amsterdam
- Disputes concerning trademarks and design, patents, copyright law, trade secrets and privacy
- Provides advice in the exploitation, licensing, development, IP protection, data & privacy protection
- Litigation at the Court of Justice of the European Union (CJEU) in Luxemburg on the Dutch recognition of a foreign jurisdiction Judgment
- Supported both the interests of Indian pharmaceutical companies and the Argentinean Government (concerning patent infringement & border seizure)
- Acted for several renowned trademarks relating to breach and/or product imitation concerning the seizure of evidence, with immediate action (ex parte) & customs regulations
- Society for Intellectual Property (VIE/AIPPI)
- Benelux Society for Trademarks & Design Law (BMM)
- Dutch Society for Procedural Law (NVVP)
- European practitioners in Intellectual Property (UNION-IP)
- Lectures and regularly publishes on Intellectual Property Law and Law of civil procedure
- Co-author of widely used professional commentary ‘Kluwer Tekst & Commentaar’ (enforcement, seizures & attachments) and
- Co-author of widely used professional commentary ‘SDU Commentaar Burgerlijk Procesrecht’ (intellectual property litigation).
- Co-editor "Juridisch up to Date", (Euroforum), Intellectual Property