Joes Blakborn specializes in employment law, sports law and procedural law.
He acts, for instance, in extensive dismissal cases for both employers and employees, more in particular for (statutory) board members. As an experienced litigator, he has been conducting complex (interim summary) proceedings in various contractual disputes for almost twenty years now.
As a partner, Joes Blakborn also manages the sports law section which he has built up within the firm since 2005, where his focus is on the football practice. He advises and assists national and international football players, intermediaries and clubs on various legal matters. In the event of disputes, he conducts proceedings before the KNVB arbitration committee, the Court, the FIFA DRC and CAS. As a registered intermediary at various national football associations (such as the KNVB and the FA), he also assists players and/or professional clubs during transfer and contract negotiations.
Joes is obsessed with sports, especially with football. During his law study he played football at Ajax Amsterdam and FC Volendam. After that he continued to play at the highest amature level for several years. Joes likes to travel and to go out for dinner.
- Dutch lawyer
- Law – University of Amsterdam (UvA)
- Specialist Education in the Law of Sport
- Masters degree in Employment & Civil Law
- Advises & litigates in dismissal cases for both employers & employees
- Advises & litigates on employment terms and (looming) work differences
- Litigates (Summary Proceedings) in contractual (debt collection) issues
- Acts in the settlement of complex cases of matrimonial division of assets
- Acts on behalf of football players, intermediaries & clubs in matters of difference and in litigation tribunals at the KNVB, FIFA, the CAS and in court
- Advises several footballers, professional clubs and intermediaries in the realisation of employment & commission-related agreements
- Society for Employment Law (VVA)
- Society for Sport & Law
- Widely published in the area of Sport & Law