Joachim Staab 🇩🇪
Joachim Staab is a partner and works out of the Amsterdam office. As both German Rechtsanwalt and Dutch lawyer he specialises in German and Dutch Trade Law. He advises multi-jurisdictional sale contracts and distribution & agency and franchise agreements. He also works in the area of International Transport Law and Logistical Services. Joachim Staab advises in the areas of German & Dutch Law. He drafts agreements and is an experienced litigator in The Netherlands and in Germany. When supporting negotiations with German business partners he is able to utilise his knowledge of different trade cultures & methods of negotiation. He has a large personal network of colleagues with whom he works internationally. He teaches on a regular basis e.g. for the German-Dutch Chamber of Commerce.
Joachim Staab is aware that cultural difference can be detrimental in the outcome of a case. Due to his breadth of experience in both Dutch and German markets, he is able to ensure that his clients always know where they stand.
- Duitse Rechtsanwalt & advocaat
- Dutch & German lawyer
- Dutch lawyer
- German lawyer
- Law – Universities of Regensburg & Cologne
- European Law – The University of Liège
- Specialist Qualification in Transport Law - Grotius Academie (cum laude)
- Drafting a distribution agreement and associated general terms & conditions for a sale
- Fenex arbitration concerning transporter/shipping liability, subsequent transporter within the CMR relating to theft of load
- Litigation concerning transporter liability for occurred damage due to unloading the shipment into the incorrect raw material storage (silo)
- Litigation relating to a chartered voyage
- NAI-arbitration and litigation relating to agent provisions and goodwill reimbursement
- Summary proceedings concerning specific contract performance regarding the wrongful termination of a distribution agreement
- Litigation on defective product liability under the Vienna Convention
- Society for Distribution-, Franchise & Agency Law (DFA)
- German Society for Distribution Law
- German - Dutch Law Society (DNRV)
- German Society for Transport Law
- Dutch Society for Maritime & Transport Law
- International Distribution Institute
- Van 2012 – 2014 Board Member of Van Diepen Van der Kroef Lawyers.