Ron Laan is a partner at the office in Hoorn. He specialises in Administrative Law and Environment Law especially (European) Waste Law and Environmental Criminal Law. He advises and conducts legal proceedings against the decisions and the policies standing in the way of entrepreneurs. This concerns for example zoning plans, permits, pollution and other environmental issues and the enforcement thereof. Ron Laan has specific experience with Waste Law and litigation for waste companies, industrial companies and trade associations in this field. He assists clients in the waste and recycling sector, in the plastic industry and agriculture. Ron Laan is a sought-after speaker at conventions and a lecturer of courses about Waste Law.
Ron Laan lives in Venhuizen. The most important local sports club of Venhuizen, SV De Valken, finds in him a very committed board member who enjoys working for the club. Ron enjoys reading but due to his busy professional life he hardly ever does. He stays fit though by gardening, running and playing tennis.
- Dutch lawyer
- Dutch Law at the VU University of Amsterdam
- Grotius Postgraduate Environmental Law Program
- He played an important role in the proceedings for open borders for the transportation of waste.
- Appear at important proceedings at the European Court of Justice about waste definition, useful application and disposal of waste.
- Involved in extensive proceedings for compensation based on liability of the State due to unlawful decisions on waste related permits and environmental permits.
- Advised and conducted legal proceedings about extensive spatial projects in North-Holland.
- Confidential adviser and defence lawyer for entrepreneurs in significant environmental criminal cases.
- Appointed by regional and local entrepreneurs in Westfriesland for advise legal assistance during court proceedings
- Environmental Lawyers Association
- Frequently speaks at conventions
- Lecturer of courses about Waste Law, i.a. Grotius Academy
- Member of the managing board of sports association De Valken